12 oz Pasta Partners Jalapeno Fettuccine
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 Tbsp Butter
6 Jalapeno Chicken Sausages, sliced
½ Vidalia onion, peeled and sliced julienne
6-8 Jalapeno slices (jarred), diced (or 4 oz canned diced)
½ tsp Crushed Red Pepper
15oz Chicken broth
½ tsp Dried Cilantro
12oz Heavy whipping cream
6 oz Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In large pot, bring water to a boil and cook until al dente (approx. 6-8 mins). Drain, but do not rinse.
- While pasta is cooking, spray large saucepan/fry pan with Pam, melt butter and heat olive oil over medium high heat. Brown sausages for a couple minutes, then add onions and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Push the sausages and onions off to the side and add diced jalapeno and crushed red pepper and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds, then blend in sausage and onions.
- Pour in chicken broth and stir until broth reduces, about 2 minutes. Add Cilantro and stir in.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream, about 1/3 of a cup at a time, until well blended.
- Add in parmesan cheese and blend until melted.
- Stir in Fettuccine and remove from heat. Let it sit for 5 minutes to blend flavors and thicken.
Serve in large bowls.
Recipe Credit: Rita Bean (Olive Basket Customer!)